Hosted by Dr. Brian Cole and Steve Kashul
The Sports Enthusiast's Official Resource for Injury Prevention and Treatment!
Helping you to achieve optimal fitness and athletic performance
- Featuring many interesting and informative guest authorities covering a broad range of sports injury and fitness topics.
- Speakers include nationally recognized authorities in the field of sports medicine, surgeons, coaches and trainers.
- Focusing on the most recent and relevant injuries affecting the professional athlete to the weekend warrior.
- Real-life examples of athletes who have successfully transitioned from injury-reserve back to the playing field.
- In-depth view of injuries that occur on the field as well as those that happen to us in everyday life.
- Understand what the professional athlete faces in training & competition and what all of us need to stay fit & injury-free.
- Serving a community that is passionate about sports and requires the most accurate, reliable & efficient resources to remain active.
Steve Kashul serves as host for Chicago Bulls on the Chicago Bulls Radio Network and is co-owner and principal host of Channel Fore, Inc. which produces "The Golf Scene" TV Show.
Steve Kashul has received two Emmy Awards for his work as host of Chicago Bulls Basketball on SportsChannel (1991-1997) and winner of the 2006 Telly Award as host on "The Golf Scene". Steve has also appeared nationally as lead announcer for the Senior PGA Tour on CNBC as well as for live events on the Golf Channel.
Steve has also served as voice for the Celebrity Golf Associations's Professional Golf Tour and was a reporter and host for the Notre Dame Football Coaches Show. In addition, he has been a featured writer for the Chicago Sun-Times.
Dr. Brian Cole of Midwest Orthopedics at Rush University Medical Center is a Professor, Sports medicine Specialist and Orthopedic Surgeon. Dr. Cole has authored more than 1000 articles, presentations and textbooks and is recognized as a world-renowned authority in Sports Medicine.
Dr. Cole serves as head team physician for the Chicago Bulls, co-team physician for the Chicago White Sox and DePaul University, Orthopedist for Gridiron Greats Foundation which supports former NFL players in need of medical assistance and was a former consultant for the Chicago Rush arena football team.
In addition, Dr. Cole was chosen NBA Team Physician of the year in 2009, one of the "Best Doctors in America" each year since 2004 and was featured on the cover of Chicago Magazine's "Best Doctor Issue" in 2007. In 2013 "Orthopedics This Week", Dr. Cole was chosen as one of the top 19 Sports Medicine Specialists in the U.S. by his peers. Net proceeds from the SportsMedicineWeekly radio show are donated to LiveActive Fund for Orthopedic Research and Education. LiveActiveNow.org is a non-profit foundation that focuses on the management of joint pain and cartilage disease at Rush University Medical Center and Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush.
Saturday 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM CST
Podcast 3.6 - Nutrition Science & Education, Returning to Play after ACL Injury, Golf Injuries-Prevention and Training.